The year isn't over yet, but for this Top Ten Tuesday we are coming up with our favorite books of the year....so far. Here's a combination of some of the best adult novels, young adult novels and some older novels that I've read this year. (Also, I cheated and included twelve novels....sssshhh!)
1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah - This is such a powerful novel and one of the best books I've read in awhile. If you enjoy historical fiction, you MUST read this book.
2. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han - Jenny Han can do no wrong and her books are perfect for summertime.
3. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas- I picked this book up because I was in a reading slump. This YA fantasy series is one of the best I've read. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
4. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan - This book is so much fun and one of my favorite beach reads of the year. If you love all things Royal Family, then check it out immediately!
5. The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski - I love the Jersey Shore and this book captures it perfectly. I love that the author incorporated Superstorm Sandy in this novel as well.
6. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd - I'm glad I finally read this book since the paperback edition came out this summer. Wow! It's definitely a powerful read that fans of historical fiction will thoroughly enjoy.
7. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - This is one of my favorite YA books of the year. I loved everything about it. It was a quiet read, but I loved how it examined friendship, families, and first love.
8. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen - Saint Anything is a little darker than I expected, but very, very good. I'll read anything Dessen writes.
9. Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby - This is my favorite of Kirby's novels to date. Fans of YA contemporary fiction should check this one out.
10. Vendetta by Catherine Doyle - I loved this YA debut that was a combination of The Godfather and Romeo and Juliet. I am looking forward to book two.
11. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - This is a suspenseful read and although I didn't enjoy it as much as Gone Girl, I still thought it was an edge-of-your-seat thriller.
12. The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams - If you love historical fiction, you must check out Williams' novels. This one was just as good as A Hundred Summers.
What do you guys think? Let me know the books that are you favorite of the year so far. This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.