This week I am sharing my top ten favorite young adult contemporary novels. This was tough, so I cheated and included a few runner-ups. If you want to learn more about these books, click the title and it will take you to my review. This
1. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - This is my favorite Dessen and one of the best summertime reads. ever.
2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - I devoured this series one summer before I became a book blogger. It's fantastic!
3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - Ohhh…all the emotions! This is my favorite of Forman's novels.
4. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - I love Matson and it was a tough pick between this one and Second Chance Summer.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - No explanation needed. Simply brilliant.
6. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland - I love the setting of this book…one of my favorite beach reads from last year.
7. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - This book is very well-written and one of my favorites of 2013. I refuse to categorize it as a historical fiction since it takes place in the 80s. Nope. Sorry.
8. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg - One of my recent favorites. If you love Harry Met Sally or Joey/Pacey, then this book is for you.
9. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - This book is still one of my favorite young adult novels. Parisian boarding school….need I say more?
10. The Summer series by Jenny Han - This is BY FAR my favorite young adult contemporary series ever written. I worship it.
The Runner Ups:
1. Looking For Alaska by John Green
2. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
3. Golden by Jessi Kirby
What do you think of my top ten favorite young adult contemporary novels? Do you think I missed any? Let me know what you think!