I had a great September and am in a state of disbelief that it's over. We've had some warm days this month (yay!) and I hope it continues. I'm not really ready to say goodbye to sunshine just yet. Here's what I've read this month:
Books Read in September:
1. Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - 4 out of 5 stars
2. Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White - 4 out of 5 stars
3. Made For You by Melissa Marr - 4 out of 5 stars
4. Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini - 4 out of 5 stars
5. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- 4.5 out of 5 stars
6. Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
7. An American Duchess by Sharon Page - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
Did Not Finish:
Winterspell by Claire Legrand - It pains me to say this, because I wanted to love this Nutcracker retelling, but I wasn't feeling it at all. It wasn't working for me and I wasn't invested. Let me know your thoughts if you read this book!
|Picture taken at Linvilla Orchards - Media, PA|
2. Biggest Surprise: Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - I really enjoyed this high fantasy and I think it will translate well to the big screen.
3. Biggest Disappointment: Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper had all the ingredients for me to fall in love with it (historical details, an island, witches, a romance), but I must admit it didn't "wow" me. I'll be posting my review soon!
4. Favorite Part of September: We took our little guy to one of my favorite farms. Every fall, they transform the farm to Pumpkinland, which was a blast. I loved letting him pick out pumpkins, visit the farm animals, play at the playground, and eat an outdoor lunch. It was the perfect fall day!
5. Favorite Post: My latest obsession: Outlander - I am definitely going to miss this TV show…I can't believe we have to wait till April for the rest of season one…..whhhhattt??!
Thanks for visiting! Let me know what book was your favorite that you read this month. Any recommendations?