Books Read in July:
1. Forever for a Year by B.T. Gottfred - 3.5 out of 5 stars
2. Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen - 4 out of 5 stars (a re-read for me!)
5. The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig - 3.5 out of 5 stars
6. The Summer of Good Intentions by Wendy Francis - 4 out of 5 stars
7. First There Was Forever by Juliana Romano - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
8. The Last Summer at Chelsea Beach by Pam Jenoff - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
9. The Uninvited by Cat Winters - 3 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
10. The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
Newport by Jill Morrow - I read about 25% of this book, but wasn't feeling it. I couldn't connect with the characters, so I had to put it down. It's a shame, because the time period of the Roaring Twenties is so much fun!
1. Favorite Book: The Last Summer at Chelsea Beach by Pam Jenoff - Guys, if you enjoy sweeping historical tales, you need to read this book. I especially appreciated the Philadelphia and Atlantic City settings.
2. Biggest Surprise: Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen - When I originally read this book many years ago, I thought it was just ok. I re-read it this summer for The Summer of Sarah Dessen and was able to make more connections to it and appreciate it more than before.
3. Biggest Disappointment: The Uninvited by Cat Winters - I loved The Cure for Dreaming and am looking forward to reading In the Shadow of Blackbirds, but this wasn't a YA novel like her others. It was an adult novel and for me it fell flat.
4. Favorite Post: Book Review and Grand Giveaway for Ross Poldark - You have until 8/13 to enter this incredible giveaway. I am seriously drooling over the grand prize.
5. Favorite Part of July: Of course I am loving the lazy days I spend at the beach with my family. I am going to miss that this winter. We also had so much fun celebrating my little guy's 3rd birthday. Time sure is flying!
Thanks for visiting,