Well, this month certainly flew by. I didn't read as many books as I would have liked, but I don't mind as I have been so busy enjoying summer and taking my little guy to the beach. I am so excited for July...more summertime weather and beach days!
Books Read in June:
1. The House of Hawthorne by Erika Robuck - 3.5 out of 5 stars
2. Rook by Sharon Cameron - 3 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
3. Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton - 3.5 out of 5 stars
5. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas - 4.5 out of 5 stars
6. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone - 3.5 out of 5 stars
7. The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams - 5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
8. Ross Poldark by Winston Graham - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
Illusionarium by Heather Dixon and Trusting Liam by Molly McAdams - Check out my "It's Not You, It's Me" post as to why this book didn't work for me.
1. Favorite Book Read This Month: The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams is my favorite book of the month. I love historical fiction and Williams writes such interesting characters. I can't wait to read her latest novel this summer as well.
2. Biggest Surprise: I thoroughly enjoyed Ross Poldark. If you like historical fiction, this book shouldn't be missed. I can see why it is so popular after all these years. Keep your eyes out for my review this month and also an amazing giveaway!
3. Biggest Disappointment: Rook by Sharon Cameron really didn't "wow" me. It ended up just being a "meh" kind of book for me. I was able to finish it, but I struggled. My review will be posted next week.
4. Favorite Post: My 2015 Picks for Best Beach Reads and My Summer Reading List
5. My Favorite Part of June: My family vacation was by far my favorite part of June. Lazy days at the beach will always be my favorite as well as spending more time with my family. A perfect combination.
I hope you guys had a great June! Thanks for visiting,