As things pick up with the holidays, I am finding less and less time to read, especially with all of these awesome TV shows on Netflix. Hello, I am looking at you The Crown and Gilmore Girls Revival! I didn't get around to reading a lot, but the two adult novels I read were outstanding! I'm so glad I finally got around to reading Me Before You. It was definitely worth all the hype and I look forward to watching the movie next!
I can't believe that it's now December. I have this bad feeling that the holiday season is going to fly by quickly. I better start savoring every moment now!
Books Read in November:
1. Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer (YA Sci-fi) - 4 out of 5 stars
2. Victoria by Daisy Goodwin (Adult Historical Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars
3. The Girl in the Picture by Alexandra Monir (YA Mystery/Paranormal) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (Adult Fiction) - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
5. Heartless by Marissa Meyer (YA Fantasy) - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
1. Favorite Book: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - All the feels!
2. Biggest Surprise: Victoria by Daisy Goodwin - I loved learning more about Victoria as a young queen and I am so excited for the TV show coming to PBS this January.
3. Biggest Disappointment: I am sure I am in the minority here, but Heartless wasn't as great as I had hoped. I loved Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series, but I just wasn't feeling this novel. I didn't feel the chemistry between Catherine and her love interest and since I am not a big Alice in Wonderland fan, I really wasn't all that interested. Don't get me wrong. It was entertaining and I am glad I read it, but I wasn't in love. Not like I was with Meyer's Cinder.
4. Favorite Post from November: Book Review: Victoria by Daisy Goodwin
5. Favorite Part of November: My little guy's first Thanksgiving... It was a quiet one, but I was so happy to spend extra time with my little family. My preschooler and I loved baking for the holiday together and we made six mini pies and one large pumpkin. It was a blast!
So, what was your favorite book you read this month? Let me know in the comments below.