I've really been slacking in the reading department this month. I had a pretty bad reading slump not too long ago and that definitely impacted the amount that I read.
I am currently debating whether to participate in NaNoWriMo again or skip it? I can't make up my mind. Anyone else participating? Let me know!
I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween! My little guys are dressing up as pirates and are so excited!
Books Read in October:
1. Between Two Fires by Mark Noce (Adult Historical Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
2. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir -(YA Fantasy) - 4 out of 5 stars
3. The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies (Adult Historical Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Hungry Heart by Jennifer Weiner (Memoir) - 4 out of 5 stars
5. This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills (YA Realistic Fiction) - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
6. The Amateurs by Sara Shepard (YA Realistic Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz
1. Favorite Book: This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills is my favorite book this month. Guys, I loved the witty dialogue and the friendships in this novel. Keep your eye out for my review this November.
2. Biggest Surprise: An Ember in the Ashes surprised me this month. I thought since there was so much hype around this book that I'd be disappointed, but that was not the case. It's definitely an entertaining read and one that got me out of my slump.
3. Biggest Disappointment: Something in Between ended up disappointing me. I had high hopes since it focuses on the timely issue of immigration, but the writing style wasn't for me. I've had issues with de la Cruz's writing in the past, so I shouldn't be surprised by this.
4. Favorite Post from October: I'm Looking For...
5. Favorite Part of October: Having young kids reminds me of how much fun I had as a kid at Halloween and how much I looked forward to it. I got to experience my first "Halloween Parade" at my son's preschool and it was adorable!
What was your favorite book that you read this month? Let me know in the comments below. Happy Halloween!