This late spring and summer was a really, really crazy time for my family. Between the early arrival of my son, my two unexpected surgeries, the passing of my grandmother, and a few other bumps in the road, I was desperately dreaming of vacation and simply just feeling better. I was thinking about August over and over again in my mind. I couldn't wait for my family's vacation at the shore and it was definitely needed. This beach bum missed the beach something fierce!
Books Read in August:
1. With Malice by Eileen Cook (YA Realistic Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars
2. Mystic Summer by Hannah McKinnon (Adult Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. When We Meet Again by Kristin Hamel (Adult Historical Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood (YA Realistic Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars
5. The Matchmakers of Minnow Bay by Kelly Harms (Adult Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
6. Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory (Adult Historical Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
7. The Wedding Sisters by Jamie Brenner (Adult Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
1. Favorite Book: With Malice by Eileen Cook is my favorite read of the month. I rarely enjoy YA thrillers, but this one impressed me.
2. Biggest Surprise: Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory surprised me...not because I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the book (I love Gregory!), but because Margaret Tudor's life was really interesting. I had no idea her life was so fascinating; I guess because she was overshadowed by her infamous brother Henry VIII.
3. Biggest Disappointment: I can't say that any books truly disappointed me this month other than the one that I didn't finish: Truly Madly Guilty. I expected so much more!
4. Favorite Post from August: Books with the Best Beach Towns
5. Favorite Part of July: The vacation my family took at the beach was by far my favorite part of August. It wasn't overly relaxing as I am vacationing with a four month old and very energetic four year old, but it was so worth it. We all had a blast!
What were some of your favorite books that you read this month? Let me know!