Whoa. How is July over? I feel like winter drags on and summer just flies by. We finally made it to the beach this month, but the beach with two little ones is no easy feat, especially with my newborn. I'm glad we made it and I look forward to going on vacation in August. I hope to get a lot of beach reading done, but let's be honest...it's more like nap time reading!
Something interesting happened this month regarding my reading preferences. I gravitated towards adult novels for the first time in, well, forever. I only read ONE young adult novel and that's definitely not the norm. What is going on? I have no clue, but I think lately YA novels have disappointed me, so I needed a break from them. There's so many good adult beach reads out there that I couldn't resist.
Books Read in July:
1. First Comes Love by Emily Giffin - 3.5 out of 5 stars - Adult Fiction
2. A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams - 4 out of 5 stars - Adult Historical Fiction
3. The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger - 4 out of 5 stars - Adult Fiction
4. The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown - 4 out of 5 stars - Adult Historical Fiction
5. A Season for Fireflies by Rebecca Maizel - 3.5 out of 5 stars - YA Realistic Fiction
6. The Perfect Neighbors by Sarah Pekkanen - 3.5 out of 5 stars - Adult Fiction (Review to come)
7. In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch - 3.5 out of 5 stars - Adult Fiction (Review to come)
Did Not Finish:
Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand - Click the link to find out why this beach read didn't work for me.
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye - I thought I would LOVE this novel and I've read some great reviews, but ultimately, I wasn't in the mood for it. I may pick it up at a later date. Let me know your thoughts if you have read it. I just couldn't get into the first thirty pages.
1. Favorite Book: The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown would have to be my favorite book of the month. I loved the setting of Paris and the two parallel story lines. Anything that involves a grandparent is always interesting to me. Be sure to enter my giveaway for a copy along with the book club kit.
2. Biggest Surprise: The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger was such a fun read. I was very surprised about the cut-throat world of professional tennis and the requirements at Wimbledon. Fascinating stuff!
3. Biggest Disappointment: First Comes Love by Emily Giffin was just an ok read for me. I liked it enough to finish it, but I wanted so much more.
4. Favorite Post from July: Top Ten Tuesday: Facts About Me
5. Favorite Part of July: The beach!!! Also, my eldest son turned four?! Where has the time gone?
What were some of your favorite books that you read this month? Let me know!