Books Read in May:
1. The Lake Season by Hannah McKinnon - 3.5 out of 5 stars
2. Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanan - 4 out of 5 stars
5. Whisper Beach by Shelley Noble - 3 out of 5 stars
6. Under a Dark Summer Sky by Vanessa Lafaye - 4 out of 5 stars
7. Summer Secrets by Jane Green - 4 out of 5 stars
8. Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll - 4 out of 5 stars
9. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel - I read about 10% of the book, but for some unknown reason, I was having a hard time getting into it. I think I wasn't feeling the protagonist, so I may try again in June, because it sounds like a great summertime read! Has anyone read this?
1. Favorite Book Read This Month: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han was my favorite book of the month and one of my favorite books of the year. I'm going to miss Lara Jean! Review to come.
2. Biggest Surprise: Under a Dark Summer Sky by Vanessa Lafaye was my biggest surprise. I am obsessed with all things Florida Keys, so I knew this historical novel was for me. Plus, this debut had me on the edge of my seat.
3. Biggest Disappointment: Whisper Beach by Shelley Noble definitely didn't live up to my expectations. I loved the Jersey Shore setting, but it ended up being sort of a "meh" book for me.
4. Favorite Post from May: My Favorite Bloggers Share Their Summer Reading Lists
5. Favorite Part of May: My favorite part of this month was Memorial Day Weekend down the shore with my family. There's nothing better, right? My husband and I even spent sometime at Cape May Winery, which we fell in love with. My son is a huge beach bum (thank God!) so we had fun playing with him at the beach and taking him to the boardwalk to go on rides.
I hope everyone had a great May! What was your favorite book that you read this month? Let me know!