Books Read in September:
1. Villa America by Liza Klausmann (Adult Historical Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars
2. Leave Me by Gayle Forman (Adult Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen (YA Realistic Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. The One That Got Away by Leigh Himes (Adult Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars
5. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (YA Fantasy) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
6. The Wedding Shop by Rachel Hauck (Adult Historical Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
7. Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts (Adult Fiction/Romance) - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
DNF (Did Not Finish):
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
The Graces by Laure Eve
1. Favorite Book: Villa America by Liza Klausmann was a fantastic read. Fans of historical fiction will definitely not want to miss this book. I loved the gorgeous setting and the cast of characters in this novel.
2. Biggest Surprise: The One That Got Away by Leigh Himes - I love supporting local authors and was pleasantly surprised with this novel. It's so much fun to read a novel that takes place in your hometown!
3. Biggest Disappointment: I truly wasn't disappointed by any book in particular this month, but I was disappointed by the fact that I didn't go into the reading of The Wrath and the Dawn with a clean slate. I recently read another retelling of the classic story the novel was based on, so this definitely took away from my experience.
4. Favorite Post from September: Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite TV Shows
5. Favorite Part of September: We had a party for my son's baptism and it was so great to see family and friends. After a rough spring/summer for my family, it felt good to celebrate.
Now onto October! Let's see how many pumpkin flavored things I can consume! What were some of your favorite books that you read this month? Let me know!