I've combined the past two months for my monthly wrap-up, because it has been a crazy two months with the arrival of my son. Obviously, I haven't had as much time to read, because things have been so, so busy. Here's what I managed to read while the little guy was snuggling on me.
Hopefully as things settle down, I will have more time to read, especially because there are some incredible beach reads publishing soon!
Books Read in April/May:
1. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch - 3.5 out of 5 stars (YA Realistic Fiction)
2. Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider - 4 out of 5 stars (YA Realistic Fiction)
3. When We Collided by Emery Lord - 4.5 out of 5 stars (YA Realistic Fiction)
4. Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods - 3.5 out of 5 stars (YA Realistic Fiction)
5. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead - 3.5 out of 5 stars (YA Fantasy)
6. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson - 4 out of 5 stars (YA Realistic Fiction)
7. The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney - 4 out of 5 stars (Adult Fiction)
8. Belgravia by Julian Fellowes - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come - Adult Historical Fiction)
9. Walk in the Sun by Michelle Zink - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come - YA Realistic Fiction)
1. Favorite Book: When We Collided by Emery Lord - You can't go wrong with Emery Lord. She is easily one of my favorite contemporary authors and although this book is a bit different than her others as it deals with mental illness, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
2. Biggest Surprise: Belgravia by Julian Fellowes is my biggest surprise simply for the fact that I had high hopes for it and it exceeded my expectations. Although it wasn't as compelling as Downton Abbey, I still really liked it, especially the setting.
3. Biggest Disappointment: The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead was just an ok read for me. I really loved Mead's Vampire Academy series, so I had high expectations for this one, but unfortunately, it as just a middle-of-the-road read.
4. Favorite Post from April/May: Beach Reads About That One Special Summer
5. Favorite Part of April/May: The arrival of my little one, Declan, has obviously been my favorite part of these past two months. Although I am very tired, I am savoring every moment of the newborn phase, because I know it goes by too fast! As Tina Fey says, "Being a mom has made me so tired and so happy."
What is the best book you've read recently? Let me know!