I love a good beach read that can transport me to a tropical destination. Click the title of each book to read my review of some of my favorites:
1. The Blue by Lucy Clarke - A fifty-foot yacht takes Lana and her best friend from the Philippines to New Zealand. Not only is the setting stunning, there's a compelling mystery, too!
2. The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen - A group of college friends vacation at a private villa in Jamaica. Cue all the drama!
3. French Coast by Anita Hughes - This beach read takes place on the coast of France at a fancy hotel. It's a light read filled with romance and great fashion.
4. Sophomore is Greek to Me by Meredith Zeitlin - A high school student relocates to Greece for six months and visits with her mother's family whom she has never meant.
5. A Single Breath by Lucy Clarke - This mystery takes place in beautiful Australia. There's life-altering secrets that are revealed in this page turner!
6. Under a Dark Summer Sky by Vanessa Lafaye - This historical read takes place in the beautiful Florida Keys during the infamous Labor Day Hurriance of 1935.
7. Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. Holm - This Newbery Honor book takes place at Florida Keys in 1935.
8. Cruel Summer by Alyson Noel - Colby spends the summer in Greece with her Aunt Tally and is miserable until she meets that one special guy!
9. Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider - This young adult beach read takes place in Hawaii. A girl visits her mother for the summer and tries to get over her best friend and boyfriend's betrayal.
10. Sweet Life by Mia King - The Price family relocates to the Big Island of Hawaii, but then Marissa's husband says he wants time apart, so she must pick up the pieces of her life and there's no where better to do that than in beautiful Hawaii.
11. Swimming Pool Summer by Rebecca Farnworth - Leila's parents own a villa in Greece, so she vacations there along with some close friends. This sound ideal, except when big secrets and real life issues start coming out!
12. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar - This book isn't just about surfing and summertime in Australia. Instead it covers some serious issues, which is great if you love a beach read with substance.
13. Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman - This novel is a tale about two women who live many years apart, but have more in common than they think. It's set on the beautiful coastline of Australia.
14. A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn - This historical beach read takes place in Kenya and it's a vivid tale involving romance, friendship, moving on from life's tragedies, and survival. Ultimately, it's a story about how it is never too late to start over.
15. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter - This book has it all, but I especially love the Italian seaside setting.
What are some of your favorite beach reads with gorgeous settings? Let me know in the comments below.