This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie, so I decides to share my top ten favorite bookish quotes. I have about 100 favorite quotes from books, but here are a few that I love.
1. "I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library." -Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice
2. "After all," Anne has said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea
3. "I'll think of it tomorrow, at Tara. I can stand it then. Tomorrow, I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day. " -Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
4. "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes." - Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo
5. "It's so hard to leave - until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world." - John Green, Paper Towns
6. "For me, it was almost like winter didn't count. Summer was what mattered. My whole life was measured in summers." - Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
7. "It's just that....I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is." - Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
8. "I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem." - Diana Gabaldon, Dragonfly in Amber
9. "I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
10. "Standing on the fringes of life.....offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor." - Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
What do you think of my list? What are some of your favorite bookish quotes? Let me know in the comments below. This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.