1. Philippa Gregory- She is one of the main reasons I love historical fiction so much. I adore most of her novels, especially The Cousins' War series.
2. Summer series by Jenny Han- This is my favorite YA series ever. Hands down.
3. Sarah Dessen- She is the quintessential young adult contemporary author in my mind and one of the reasons I love young adult literature so much.
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- I wasn't too big on contemporary young adult reads until I read Anna. It's brilliant.
5. Cassandra Clare- She got me hooked on young adult fantasy. I'm so excited City of Bones is being made into a movie.
6. Suzanne Collins- I have never seen so many reluctant readers get so excited about reading, thanks to her Hunger Games series. As a teacher, it was so gratifying to witness this.
7. Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery- This series hooked me as a child and is one of the reasons I loved to read as a child.
|To Kill a Mockingbird - one of my favorite classics|
8. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- This is one of the first classics that I fell in love with. I still adore it.
9. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- This series is the reason I got back into reading young adult fantasy along with The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I'm still sad Vampire Academy is over!
10. Jane Austen- She's incredible. Just sayin'.
Which books and authors are you thankful for this Thanksgiving season? Let me know!