I can't believe October is over! Time is really flying, especially since I am on maternity leave. The days fly by in a blur and Baby D is growing like a weed. I've started to read him some books, which he loves! His current favorite is Animals On the Farm and Goodnight Scout, which happens to be our dog's name. I hope he loves books as much as me!
I can't believe next month is November. Where does the time go? Anyway, I've read some great books this month. Check out my monthly wrap-up below.
Books Read in October:
1. A Dangerous Inheritance by Alison Weir - 3.5 stars
2. The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring #2) by Kiki Hamilton- 4 stars
3. Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer- 3.5 stars
4. Entice (Embrace #2) by Jessica Shirvington - 4.5 stars
5. The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau- 3.5 stars
6. Taking Chances by Molly McAdams- 4 stars
7. The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton - 4.5 stars (review to come!)
October Top Five:
1) Favorite Book: I really enjoyed Entice which is part of the Embrace series by Jessica Shirvington. It's definitely one of my new favorite paranormal series. I also really liked The Secret Keeper. Kate Morton is an amazing storyteller.
2) Biggest Disappointment: I'm going to have to go with Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer, mostly because I was disappointed with the trilogy's end.
3) Biggest Surprise: I have never read the "New Adult" genre before and was pleasantly surprised with Taking Chances by Molly McAdams.
4) Favorite Post: In which I profess my love for Upstairs Downstairs on PBS.
5) Favorite Part of October: We had Baby D's baptism this month and it was great to see family and friends.