This week we are to list our favorite authors in a particular genre, so I went with my favorite contemporary/realistic fiction young adult authors. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Jenny Han- Yes, I'm obsessed. If you haven't read her Summer series, you must.
2. Sarah Dessen- Simply put, I love her! The Truth About Forever and Along for the Ride are some of my favorite summertime reads.
3. Jennifer Echols- Her books are also great for the summer. I read Such a Rush this past summer and really enjoyed it. For me, her books are always the right mix of some edge, some steam, and a side of seriousness.
4. Morgan Matson- She is also one of my favorites. I adored Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer is one of my favorite reads of the year.
5. Stephanie Perkins- I am still swooning over Anna and the French Kiss.
6. Simone Elkeles- I love her steamy reads, especially Perfect Chemistry.
7. Gayle Forman - She's one of my favorite authors and without a doubt ALWAYS gets me to cry when I read her novels. If I Stay is brilliant.
8. Jessi Kirby- She's one of my newest favorites. I loved Moonglass and have been meaning to read In Honor.
9. Elizabeth Eulberg- I really enjoyed The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom and Prejudice. I hear Take a Bow is just as good.
10. Huntley Fitzpatrick- I read this debut author's first novel, My Life Next Door, this past summer and I thought it was great! She's definitely on my radar!
I will admit that this genre isn't my forte; I tend to read a lot of fantasy/paranormal novels, so if you feel I am missing out on an author or your favorite contemporary read, be sure to share it with me in the comments below. Let me know what you think!