|Dylan and I at Sunset Beach, Cape May, NJ|
The past month has been such a blur. I've been busy taking care of my baby boy, Dylan, and getting acclimated to my schedule as a new mom. I didn't get as much reading done in August as I would have liked, but once we got Dylan on a schedule, I found more time to read!
I also was able to get away to the beach twice in September, which was much needed and a very nice break. I am SO looking forward to October, the cooler temperatures and of course being reunited with all things pumpkin. I can't wait! I see many pumpkin spice lattes in my future and perhaps a pumpkin beer or two!
1. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - 4.5 stars
2. The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory- 4.5 stars
3. The False Princess by Elias O'Neal - 3.5 stars
4. Firelight by Sophie Jordan - 4.5 stars
5. Juliet Immortal by Stacy Jay- 3 stars
6. The White Forest by Adam McOmber - 4 stars
7. Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck - 5 stars
8. Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones - 3 stars
9. Embrace by Jessica Shirvington - 5 stars (review to come!)
August/September Top Five:
1. Favorite Book: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington- I loved this book and I can't wait to continue this paranormal series. I'm such a sucker for a good paranormal romance/fantasy.
2. Biggest Surprise: Firelight was surprisingly good. I waited so long to read it, because I didn't think I'd like a book about dragons, but I was wrong - it wowed me!
3. Biggest Letdown: Juliet Immortal was a bit disappointing. It wasn't for me; I'll stick with the classic.
4. Favorite post: Books on the Big Screen - There are so many good books being made into movies!
5. Favorite part of August/September: As I said, I went to the beach for a long weekend and it was wonderful to get away for a bit. It was filled with relaxing beach walks and reading some good books. I loved taking Dylan for a walk on the boardwalk!