|Avalon, NJ- picture from travel.yahoo.com|
I have been so busy with baby book addict on his way, it seems I haven't had much time to read for pleasure; however, that all changed towards the end of the glorious month of May. I took a lot of time for myself to relax and read, especially when I put my feet up after a long day of teaching.
I was even able to get away for the weekend to the beach and it was incredible! We had a major heatwave at home, so it was nice to avoid all that humidity and be where the ocean breeze is refreshing. I can't believe it, but we only have two more weeks of school left and then it's summer vacation!
I hope everyone has been enjoying my "Summer Kickoff." I'm going to have a pretty awesome giveaway concluding my feature, so keep your eye out for that coming up soon.
Books Read in April and May:
1. Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren (3.5 stars)
2. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See (4 stars)
3. Lies Beneath by Anne G. Brown (3 stars)
4. Until I Die by Amy Plum (4.5 stars)
5. Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame (4 stars)
6. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (4.5 stars)
7. Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson- (3.5 stars)
8. Gilt by Katherine Longshore- Review to come!
(*Also, many baby books read and mini-reviews posted here!)
My April/May Top Five:
1. Favorite Book- Gilt by Katherine Longshore- I DEVOURED this book! Wait till you read my gushing review!
2. Biggest Surprise- Dreamless and Until I Die are tied, because I was pleasantly surprised by both. Many times the sophomore book in a series can leave me feeling flat, but both books were entertaining.
3. Biggest Letdown- Lies Beneath was a let down for me; I liked the premise, but overall, I felt lukewarm about it.
4. Favorite post- The Best Beach Reads For This Summer According to My Favorite Bloggers: Part I and Part II
5. Favorite part of April/May- My weekend at the beach!