I love this time of year and I hope to enjoy nature more, get some sun, go to the beach, and start reading outside which is absolutely my most favorite thing in the world. What are you looking forward to this May?
Don't forget to follow along this entire summer as I share my favorite beach reads and which books to bring with you on vacation or read poolside on a lazy Saturday.
Books Read in April:
1. The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares (YA Realistic Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
2. Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz (YA Historical Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. Purple Hearts by Tess Wakefield (Adult Fiction) - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
4. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher (YA Realistic Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
5. The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner (Adult Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
6. Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen (YA Realistic Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
7. Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey (Adult Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
1. Favorite Book: Purple Hearts by Tess Wakefield is such a great book. It's perfect for the summertime and vacation - I absolutely loved it!
2. Biggest Surprise: The Forever Summer was such a great read. I enjoyed Brenner's The Wedding Sisters last year and liked this one even more! I also really enjoyed Slightly South of Simple. I now want to check out some of her other novels as well, because it was the perfect beach read.
3. Biggest Disappointment: The Whole Thing Together wasn't as great as I was hoping for. I loved The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, so I expected a bit more from Brashares.
4. Favorite Post from April: Book Review: Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen and a BIG Sarah Dessen giveaway
5. Favorite Part of April: My son's 1st birthday! I can't believe he is one already. This year just flew by. I threw him a Peter Rabbit birthday party since his birthday is only a few days after Easter and it was a blast.
So, what was your favorite book you read this month? What have you guys been up to? Let me know in the comments below.