So, what have I been up to? I've been actively trying to not hibernate my winter away and eat all the carbs. I've been trying to get out in nature a bit more even though it's rather dismal here in PA. I've also been doing all the crock-pot recipes, so if you have any good ones, please let me know!
Thankfully February is a short month and before I know it, I'll be breaking out the flip flops...at least that is what I am telling myself!
1. The Girl in the Castle by Santa Montefiore - (Adult Historical Fiction) - 4.5 out of 5 stars
2. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill (YA Fantasy) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick (Adult Historical Fiction) 4 out of 5 stars
4. The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) by Diana Gabaldon (Adult Historical Fiction/Romance) - 4 out of 5 stars
5. The Wicked City by Beatriz Williams (Adult Historical Fiction) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
6. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (Adult Fiction/Romance) - 4 out of 5 stars
7. City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson (YA Realistic Fiction/Thriller) - 3.5 out of 5 stars
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - (Adult Fiction) - 4.5 out of 5 stars
9. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley (Adult Historical Fiction) - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come!)
1. Favorite Book: The Girl in the Castle by Santa Montefiore was an outstanding historical read. I am thrilled that it's part of a series and can't wait to pick up book two.
2. Biggest Surprise: The Hating Game by Sally Thorne - The traditional "romance" genre really isn't a favorite of mine, but I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I highly recommend it!
3. Biggest Disappointment: Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill was a decent book, but I was expecting to enjoy it way more than I did since YA fantasies are usually a hit for me.
4. Favorite Post from December/January: My Favorite Books of the Year
5. Favorite Part of December/January: This past year was filled with such memorable firsts for my little guy. It was his first Christmas and I loved every second of it.
So, what was your favorite book you read this month? What have you guys been up to? Let me know in the comments below.