Today I'll be sharing some "hidden gems" or books that I think have flown under the radar. I definitely wish more people talked about these fantastic reads.
1. Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson - I definitely thought more people would be into this series. If you are a fan of Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series, you'll definitely like this high fantasy and its strong heroine.
2. Royal Circle series by Katherine Longshore - Fans of historical fiction, will love these YA books that bring the Tudors to life.
3. Violet Eden series by Jessica Shirvington - Fans of paranormal romances and Mead's The Vampire Academy will enjoy this series. It's one of my favorites for sure! I love the angel mythology.
4. All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue - I love this one, not only because it takes place in Avalon, NJ (one of my favorite Jersey shore destinations), but also because it covers friendships, tough choices we have to make in life, and that one special summer destination.
5. Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan - If you like quirky main characters and John Green-ish novels, you'll love this book about family, love, and planning a wedding. It's a smart read and it had me laughing out loud, which is a fantastic combination.
6. The Girl in the Castle by Santa Montefiore - This was one of my favorite historical novels of 2016. I wish more people would talk about this series set in early 1900s Ireland.
7. Blythewood by Carol Goodman - I absolutely loved this historical fantasy involving magic, secrets, and a private boarding school.
8. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready - It's been years since I read this gem, but the story still stays with me. It's a poignant paranormal romance involving ghosts - absolutely loved it!
9. The Last Summer at Chelsea Beach by Pam Jenoff - I fell in love with this historical romance last summer. It is one of my favorite "historical beach reads."
10. Broken Hearts and Revenge series by Katie Finn - Finn (a.k.a Morgan Matson), so you know I'm going to love this series as I am a huge fan of Matson. This series is one of my favorite summertime guilty pleasures.
So, what are some of your hidden gems that you've read these past few years? Let me know in the comments below. This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.