It's been awhile since John Green has published a novel and he is one of my favorite authors, so sometimes I am on the hunt for a writer that has a similar voice and writing style.
Obviously, these are huge shoes to fill, but I have come across some writers/novels that share a few similarities. All of these books possess quirky characters, witty dialogue, smart discussions, and and very John Green-esqe coming-of-age moments. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
3. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (or any of her other novels)
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
6. Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan
Others: Jay Asher, A.S. King, David Levithan - I have heard many people recommend these authors as well!
What do you guys think? Any other authors or novels out there that are in the same vein as John Green? Let me know what you think in the comments below.