Happy Friday! Sometimes I like to talk about what I am currently into that is not necessarily book related. Here's what I have been up to/thinking about/enjoying lately. Let me know what you think!
1. Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out by Joy Masoff - My preschooler is obsessed with all things science and on top of it, he loves gross stuff. I mean he is a little boy after all. So, he is beyond excited that Workman Publishing sent us this! If you are looking for a fun holiday gift for the little science fan in your life, this book is really neat. It's great for wintertime, too, since we are stuck indoors!
2. Gilmore Girls Revival - I love Rory. I mean what is not to love? She is smart, a bookworm, witty, and obsessed with coffee. But did I love her in the revival? Not so much. She was a hot mess and made some crappy choices. I wasn't feeling her and was actually more intrigued by Emily Gilmore's story line than Rory's. What is that about? And can we talk about how fantastic Emily Gilmore looked? Anyway, I was a little disappointed overall by the revival. And that ending?! Will there be more from them in the future?
3. Big Litle Lies - Did you guys see the trailer for the show, which comes to HBO in February. I need to make time to read this book before February. hear it's one of Moriarty's best. What do you guys think of the trailer?
4. Story Wonk's There and Back Again - You guys have heard me fangirl over the Scot and the Sassenach podcast, which is currently doing a Voyager read along. I love it! The analysis is brilliant and the discussion is so compelling. Anyway, I am excited for their next podcast on Tolkien's Middle Earth (The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings) starting in January. Listening to podcasts while driving or working out is my absolute favorite thing and I highly recommend Story Wonk's.
5. Hungry Heart Giveaway - Thanks to Atria Books, I am giving away a copy of Hungry Heart by Jennifer Weiner. If you missed my review of this memoir, check it out here. It was witty, funny, and so honest. I really appreciated it, so fans of Jennifer Weiner will definitely want to get their hands on a copy. The giveaway is open to US readers only and please refer to my giveaway rules. The deadline is December 17th. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway