1. Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."
2. Belly from Summer series by Jenny Han - “For me, it was almost like winter didn’t count. Summer was what mattered. My whole life was measured in summers.”
3. Jamie Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - “When the day shall come that we do part," he said softly, and turned to look at me, "if my last words are not 'I love you'-ye'll ken it was because I didna have time.”
4. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - "No one will forget me. Not my look, not my name. Katniss. The girl who was on fire."
5. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things! — Friendship! And Bravery!"
6. Elizabeth Woodville from the Cousins' War series by Philippa Gregory - “The law is what powerful men say it shall be.”
7. Scarlet O'Hara from Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - "If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill as God as my witness I'll never be hungry again."
8. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - “It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”
9. Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen - “You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
10. Claire Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - “I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem.”
What characters are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments below. This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.