Happy Friday! Sometimes I like to talk about what I am currently into that is not necessarily book related. Here's what I have been up to/thinking about/enjoying lately. Let me know what you think!
1. Voyager Book Club Podcast - I read Voyager a little while ago and have since read Drums of Autumn. If you have read the Outlander series, you know how lengthy the novels are and consequently, you can sort of forget all the details. I love Story Wonk's Voyager book club podcast though. It's a great reminder of what occurred in the novel, which in turn will be a great reminder of what is to come in season three of the TV show. Plus, Alastair Stephens is fantastic. I can't say enough about him analysis and the questions he poses. It reminds me of my days as an English major. I also love his co-host Lani Diane Rich, who happens to be a published author and his wife. They have great chemistry.
2. Westworld on HBO -I tuned into the premiere of this show, because I was so intrigued by the concept. Whoa. Completely blown away.I probably shouldn't expect anything less from Michael Crichton. I can't decide if I love it or if it's just ok, so I will stick with it for another week, but wow. Not only is it very unique, the soundtrack is also brilliant. Did anyone else watch it?
3. 2016 - Man, this year is a roller coaster for me. There are so many highs and so many lows. It's like there can't be anything in between. I am also looking forward to 2017 so I can start off with a clean slate. I hope that it will be a calmer year for my family as well as my extended family.
4. Sarah Dessen's New Novel - You guys know I am a HUGE Sarah Dessen fan, so I am very excited for her next novel, Once and For All, to come out in 2017. Did you guys see the cover? It sounds like another great summertime read and I am looking forward to reading it. What do you guys think?
5. Giveaway: Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz - Thanks to Harlequin Teen, I have an ARC of this novel. The focus of the book is immigration and that's not only a timely topic, but also important! The giveaway is open to US readers only and the deadline is October 23rd . Please refer to my giveaway rules. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for visiting! Happy Friday!