Happy Friday! Sometimes I like to talk about what I am currently into that is not necessarily book related. Here's what I have been up to/thinking about/enjoying lately. Let me know what you think!
1. Reading My Own Books - I have been reading a ton of books for review this summer (which is a good thing! Not complaining!), but I also want to read some books that have been collecting dust on my shelf. I may break out my old feature of "Dust off the Shelves" and catch up on some books that I want to read. I don't know why I haven't participated in this feature a bit more often; I started in 2013!! Since then, I have only read four books from my dusty shelves, which is pretty much an epic fail. But what I did read was awesome (Looking for Alaska, Just Listen, The Winter Sea and Seven Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake), so what should I read next? Big Little Lies? Me Before You? Cress? The Greatest Knight? Too many choices!
2. Harry Potter - I am a huge fan. HUGE. But I have no desire to read the latest novel. Is that weird? For me, it all ended in the final book and there's no need to return to the story. Have you guys read it? Thoughts? Who knows. Maybe I will change my mind.
3. Adult Fiction - This summer I have gravitated towards a lot of adult fiction. I kind of feel weird about it. I am receiving more adult novels for review, so that may be why, but lately YA has been letting me down. Don't get me wrong, I love YA and I'll champion it till the end, but lately it hasn't completely wowed me with the exception of Salt to the Sea, When We Collided and The Court of Mist and Fury. Any one else experiencing this?
4. Podcasts - Anyone have any great podcasts that they can recommend to me? I have been exercising a lot lately to build up my strength after my surgeries and I love listening to a good podcast. I have enjoyed Outlander Cast, and The Scot and the Sassenach, but because we are in the thick of #Droughtlander, there haven't been too many episodes. I also just started Serial and am hooked. So, what are your favorite podcasts? I am new to this. Let me know!
5. Giveaway - Thanks to Penguin Random House, I am giving away a copy of Between Worlds by Skip Brittenham, which comes out August 30th. It has an awesome augmented reality component to it. How cool is that? Plus, Harrison Ford blurbed the book!! This giveaway is open to US readers only and the deadline is August 22nd. Please refer to my giveaway rules. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway