1. The Honeymoon is Over - I love that in season two sh*t gets real. Jamie and Claire's relationship has never really been *too* easy, but this season depicts a marriage that has to deal with some serious issues, like the loss of their daughter, getting acclimated in France, and oh, trying to stop a war. NBD.
2. Murtagh - He wins MVP for season two. I liked him in the books, but I seriously LOVE him on this show. His witty one liners are some of my favorite parts of the show. I loved how he said HE would marry Mary Hawkins...what a good guy. How about his bad ass scene with the Duke of Sandringham?! Then of course my favorite is his response to Jamie killing Dougal, like it's no big deal. Hilarious! Plus, his dedication to Jamie is epic. My favorite bromance ever. #Godfathergoals
3. Fergus - I liked young Fergus in the books, but TV Fergus is so darn cute. The scene in the finale where Jamie says goodbye to him tore me up. My heart! Cue all the tears.
4. The Return to Scotland - I think the setting of France was visually appealing, but I was so happy to be back in Scotland after that. I think it made me appreciate it even more than before.
5. Faith - This episode was spectacularly heartbreaking. It was so well acted that I never once doubted Claire's deep sadness. I think that this show captured that kind of gut wrenching grief so well. It felt very real.
6. The Worst Dinner Party Ever - This is one of my favorite episodes of the season due to the fact that it was so darn entertaining. This episode includes the worst dinner party in the history of dinner parties! I couldn't help but laugh at the end of the episode where Murtagh and Jamie fight off the dinner guests using everything and anything lying around. Good times!
7. Roger - I think he is a perfect Roger. Yes, I know he isn't tall enough. Yes, I know he doesn't have black hair. But I am not one of the naysayers. I think he is a great actor and it works. Brianna, on the other hand, could use some work in the acting department.
8. Iconic Lines - I am so glad that they didn't cut out some of my favorite swoon-worthy lines from Dragonfly in Amber. *Swoon*
“I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest." His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me. "Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”
9. Costumes - The costumes while they were in France were so glamourous and beautiful. I think the costume department, namely Terry Dresbach, hit it out of the ballpark this season and now they are Emmy nominated. Well done!
10. Podcasts - As you guys may or may not know, I had a few surgeries last month and am trying to regain my strength so I can take care of my little ones. My new favorite thing is to listen to podcasts while exercising. I am loving Outlander Cast and The Scot and the Sassenach. It's fun to analyze the episode and hear other people's opinions. Plus, both podcasts are run by husband and wife teams. Love that!
So what were some of your favorite Outlander moments? Are you looking forward to season three? I really liked Voyager and seeing it come to life should be very interesting, especially since the settings are so exotic and different. Let me know your thoughts!