Ahh! Can you believe March is over? I am so, so, so excited for warm weather and some outdoor reading that I hope will come with April. Baby Boy #2's due date is also this month, so I am not sure what is in store for me reading/blog-wise, but more to come on that later. For now, I'm enjoying the prospect of some sunny spring days!
Books Read in March:
1. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman - 3.5 out of 5 stars (YA Historical Fiction/Fantasy)
2. America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie - 4 out of 5 stars (Adult Historical Fiction)
3. The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters - 4 out of 5 stars (YA Historical Fiction)
4. Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase - 4 out of 5 stars (Adult Historical Fiction)
5. Sisi: Empress on Her Own by Allison Pataki - 4 out of 5 stars (Adult Historical Fiction)
6. The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come - YA Contemporary)
7. Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come - Adult Fiction)
Did Not Finish:
The Siren by Kiera Cass - In the past, I really enjoyed Cass's Selection series, but this book just wasn't working for me. I couldn't connect with the main character at all despite the promising premise. More on this later!
1. Favorite Book: I loved Eligible! It is such a fun Pride and Prejudice retelling. Although it felt a little too long to me, I was still fully invested in the story despite already knowing how it ends. It's fun to think of the Bennet sisters living as modern women. Full review to come in April!
2. Biggest Surprise: The Way I Used to Be is my biggest surprise. I wasn't sure if I would like this book since it deals with such a tough subject, but I found it completely absorbing. I had to know how things would end up for the main character.
3. Biggest Disappointment: I wouldn't say I was overly disappointed with any book in particular, but I will say that I didn't enjoy The Dark Days Club as much as I thought I was going to!
4. Favorite Post from March: Happy St. Patrick's Day: My Favorite Books Set in Ireland
5. Favorite Part of March: March is always such a fun month, because the weather starts to warm up and it just so happened that this year my birthday landed on Easter. It was fun celebrating both Easter and my birthday with family.
Let me know your favorite book that you read this month!