Guys, I have only given out 59 five star reviews in the past six years of blogging. That's not many. So, a book has to really wow me in order to receive the full five stars. Here's the last ten books I read that earned the "five star" label.
1. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - Oh, this book. The heartbreak. It gutted me, but it's such an important and powerful read; it shouldn't be missed. So far, it's my favorite book of 2016.
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I LOVED this Beauty and the Beast retelling.
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - At first, I wasn't sure about a sci-fi retelling of Cinderella, but I thoroughly loved this story. I wish I read it sooner!
4. The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams - Williams writes such fantastic historical novels and this one is one of my favorites.
5. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - Very quickly Lord became one of my favorite contemporary authors. If you love YA contemporary fiction, you must check her out.
6. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah - This book had me ugly crying for days. Wow. Who knew Hannah could write such powerful historical fiction?
7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - I love this series! Maas has made me a fan of hers for life.
8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - It's Jenny Han...you can't go wrong!
9. Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan - I wonder why more people don't talk about this novel? I thought it was smart, quirky, and funny. One of my favorites for sure.
10. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahreh Mafi - I really enjoyed this series. Mafi has such a unique writing style; I loved it!
So what were some of your latest and greatest reads? Let me know in the comments below. This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. .