I've had a pretty good reading month...I guess all this cold weather made it ideal for cozying up with a good book. I even read two adult fiction books from the library this month. I've been meaning to read more adult fiction this year and I hope to continue this trend!
Now onto March! I'm hoping for some daffodils and sixty degree weather.
Books Read in February:
1. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - 5 out of 5 stars
2. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty - 4 out of 5 stars
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - 4.5 out of 5 stars
5. The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price by Jennifer Maschari - 4.5 out of 5 stars
6. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 4 out of 5 stars
7. Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor - 3.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan - I usually really enjoy Jordan's novels, but in this case, it wasn't working for me. More on this later!
1. Favorite Book: Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - Wow. Wow. Wow is all I can say of this heartbreaking and powerful read.
2. Biggest Surprise: The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty- This is the first book I've read by Moriarty and I was pleasantly surprised.
3. Biggest Disappointment: Into the Dim was one of my most highly anticipated novels of the year and for me it was just ok. I thought the time travel was going to be more like Outlander's, but I felt it was more similar to Claudia Gray's Firebird series. Full review to come in March.
4. Favorite Post from February: I loved being a part of the Jane and the Waterlood Map blog tour and sharing an exclusive excerpt from the novel.
5. Favorite Part of February: If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I'm in the third trimester of my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy was really rough and because of that, I am considered high risk this time around. I am so thankful that this month has been good to me health-wise I just hope to continue the trend! *fingers crossed*
What was your favorite book that you read this month?