Friday, February 5, 2016
If You Love Romance...
It's that time of year again...Valentine's Day. That has me thinking about my favorite "romance" novels, but you see, I don't like traditional romance novels. I find most of them pretty cheesy, but I do love a great believable romance. So, if you are like me and you enjoy romance and swoon-worthy moments without it being overly cheesy or too much like a romance novel, then check out some of my favorites:
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - The best couple hands down. Who doesn't love Mr. Darcy?
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Hazel and Augustus still tug on my heartstrings.
3. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks - Ok, so Sparks can be a little too much at times, but this story is pretty darn romantic.
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (and the rest of the series!) - This is my favorite young adult series and even though there's a sort of love triangle at times, it's done really well. Plus, it's very realistic.
5. The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani - This sweeping tale is includes star-crossed lovers at their best.
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Swoon. That's all I'll say. One of my favorite YA contemporary novels for sure.
7. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen - This is my favorite of Dessens and I love the characters of Macy and Wes. You can't go wrong with this book.
8. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Jamie Fraser. There's no need to say anything else.
9. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - I love the complicated relationship between Scarlett and Rhett. They are both so stubborn and sometimes I'm in the mood for an angsty-type of love story.
10. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (and the rest of the series!) - Gilbert Blythe stole my heart back in the 80s. He still has it.
11. Persuasion by Jane Austen - Oftentimes people over look this book, but I love the relationship between Captain Wentworth and Anne. This Austen novel shouldn't be missed.
12. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - So, sometimes this series can be cheesy, but what is never cheesy is the relationship between Dimitri and Rose. Love it!
What are some of your favorite romances? Let me know in the comments below.