The theme of this month has been snow, snow and more snow. We got hit hard with a blizzard and it was our first snowfall of the season. I am glad we got some snow (since my son loves to play in it), but now I am ready for spring! Who is with me?
Books Read in January:
1. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken - 3.5 out of 5 stars
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - 5 out of 5 stars
3. The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson - 4 out of 5 stars
4. The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright - 3.5 out of 5 stars
5. Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers - 3.5 out of 5 stars
6. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
7. Banished (Forbidden #2) by Kimberley G. Little - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
8. The Outlandish Companion by Diana Gabaldon - 4 out of 5 stars
1. Favorite Book: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas was my absolute favorite of the month. I LOVED this book and can't wait to continue with the series. I highly recommend it if you are fans of YA fantasy.
2. Biggest Surprise: The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson - I am trying to read more adult fiction and I am so glad I checked this one out. It had a bit of everything that I enjoy: historical fiction, family drama, a coming of age tale, and romance.
3. Biggest Disappointment: I wouldn't say I was disappointed by any book in particular, but I read a lot of just "ok" books this month....books that were definitely middle-of-the-road reads, but compelling enough to finish.
4. Favorite Post from January: What I Want to See More of in Young Adult Literature
5. Favorite Part of January: I loved watching my son play in the snow, thanks to the Blizzard of 2016. Thankfully we didn't lose power, so we were able to enjoy all the snow while still keeping the house warm. My son definitely enjoyed the snow more this year than last....we couldn't get him inside! (I'd still rather be at the beach!)
What was your favorite book that you read this month?