I love to check out new-to-me authors every year and this year, I read some really great ones. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Allison Pataki - I read The Accidental Empress this year and really fell in love with Pataki's storytelling abilities. I definitely plan on reading book two, Sisi, which comes out this March. If you enjoy historical fiction, you should definitely check her out.
2. Catherine Doyle- Doyle is a debut author and one that I really enjoyed. I loved Vendetta - a book that reminded me of Godfather meets Romeo and Juliet.
3. Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan - The Royal We is one of my favorite books of the year; I can't wait to see what these two authors come up with next.
4. Wendy Francis - The Summer of Good Intentions was one of my favorite beach reads of 2015.
5. Pam Jenoff - I loved The Last Summer at Chelsea Beach and I plan on checking out more of her work in the future; she's another new-to-me historical fiction author that I've come to love.
6. Emma Mills - First & Then is one of my favorite YA books of the year. Mills is a debut author, but one that I will definitely have my eye on.
7. Paula Hawkins - The Girl on the Train was one of the most supsenseful books I've read all year.
8. Tamara Ireland Stone - Every Last Word was an interesting read and very well-written. I like that Stone focused on mental health, which you don't see often in YA.
9. Jessica Knoll - Luckiest Girl Alive was such a fun read and I loved that Knoll included local landmarks in her story. Even though she's a debut author, I will be keeping my eye out for her future work.
10. Sara Gruen - I have actually never read Gruen before, but so glad I got around to reading her this year. I really enjoyed At the Water's Edge.
So, did you read any new-to-you authors this year? Which ones were your favorites? Let me know in the comments below. This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.