Normally I read more books in a given month, but December was super busy for my family. I hosted a Christmas Eve sit-down dinner for 15 people, we did a ton of Christmas family activities, met up with friends, and somehow the month just flew by. I'm sure you guys feel the same way. Plus, I read Drums of Autumn, which took me FOR-EVER to get through and is pretty much two/three books in one!
So, now that the holiday season is over, can we just agree to skip to Memorial Day Weekend? ;)
1. Come Back to Me by Mila Gray - 4 out of 5 stars
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - 5 out of 5 stars
3. The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill - 3.5 out of 5 stars
4. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - 4 out of 5 stars
5. Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) by Diana Gabaldon - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
DaVinci's Tiger by L.M. Elliot - I love historical fiction, but this book included too much history and not enough story, at least in the first 30 some pages. I heard it gets better if you stick with it, but I wasn't invested enough.
1. Favorite Book: Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I will admit I was very hesitant to start this book, because the weird sci-fi synopsis, but I was totally wrong. I should have read this book years ago!
2. Biggest Surprise: Come Back to Me by Mila Gray - I normally am very lukewarm about "new adult" novels, but this one worked for me. I really enjoyed it.
3. Biggest Disappointment: The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill- It's not that it was a bad book; that's not the case...it was entertaining for sure, but I didn't love it as much I hoped. It is definitely for the younger YA crowd.
4. Favorite Post from December: Best Books of 2015
5. Favorite Part of December: I absolutely loved watching my son get so excited for Christmas and our family Christmas Eve party....it gets better every year!
Let me know what book was your favorite this month in the comments below and I hope you all had a great holiday. Happy New Year!