Guys, I took most of the month of October off, because I wasn't feeling well and I was in a major reading slump. Thankfully, this month I picked up some great books. Here's what I read:
1. First & Then by Emma Mills - 4.5 out of 5 stars
2. All the Stars in the Heavens by Adriana Trigiani - 4 out of 5 stars
3. These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly - 4 out of 5 stars
4. Persuasion by Martina Boone - 4 out of 5 stars
5. Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams - 4 out of 5 stars
6. Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray - 3.5 out of 5 stars
7. Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
1. Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus - Check out this post for more information.
2. The Many Lives of John Stone by Linda Buckley-Archer - I wanted to love this, but the time travel wasn't what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a more Outlander approach, but that wasn't the case and the author's writing style was tough for me to get into.....very, very wordy. In fact, it read more like an adult novel.
1. Favorite Book: Brooklyn by Colm Toibin was my favorite book of the month. Review to come.
2. Biggest Surprise: First & Then by Emma Mills - I loved the Austen references and the Friday Night Lights vibe.
3. Biggest Disappointment: I wouldn't say I was overly disappointed with any novel this month, but I didn't love Ten Thousand Skies Above You as much as book one. However, it was still enjoyable.
4. Favorite Post from November: Spotlight on Brightly and a Giveaway - love this website!
5. Favorite Part of November: Spending an extra-long Thanksgiving weekend with my family. Even though I am a beach bum at heart, I really love this time of the year.
Thanks for visiting,