Happy Friday! Sometimes I like to talk about what I am currently into that is not necessarily book related. Here's what I have been up to/thinking about/enjoying lately. Let me know what you think!
1. Jane the Virgin - I pretty much read the synopsis for this show and thought to myself that it sounded super lame. I mean, really? But then I gave the pilot a chance (it's on Netflix) and I found myself laughing hysterically. Somehow it all worked and I ended up caring about Jane. Now I am hooked. Anyone else a fan of this show? No spoilers, please. I am still trying to get caught up on season one.
2. New Slippers - I love wearing slippers in the fall and winter, especially when I am being a bum. I bought these new ones from Victoria's Secret and I am in love. I got grey cable knit, but they come in all different colors. They are the best slippers I've had in years and they won't break the bank. I mean some of the slippers are close to $100. Seriously?
3. Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - I am hoping to read this book in the next few weeks, before I see the movie. Have you guys seen the trailer? I think it looks really great, but it is only playing at select theaters in my area at the end of this month.
4. Honest Beauty- I've written before about my love for this new makeup line, but my favorite product so far would have to be the lip gloss. I bought it in the color Creative Kiss and it's my go-to favorite. Plus, no parabens, etc.
5. Friday Giveaway - I am giving away two great YA books that have recently come out: an ARC of Blue Voyage by Diana Renn and a hardcover copy of A Song for Ella Grey by David Almond. Please refer to my giveaway rules. This giveaway is open to US readers only and the deadline is November 23rd. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway