Books Read in August:
1. The Blue by Lucy Clarke - 4 out of 5 stars
2. The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki - 4 out of 5 stars
4. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas - 4 out of 5 stars
5. If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins - 3.5 out of 5 stars
6. Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead - 3.5 out of 5 stars (review to come)
7. The Sisters of Versailles by Sally Christie - 3.5 out of 5 stars (review to come)
8. Tiny Little Thing by Beatriz Williams - 4 out of 5 stars (review to come)
9. The Appearance of Annie van Sinderen by Katherine Howe - 3.5 out of 5 stars (review to come)
Did Not Finish:
- Everybody Rise by Stephanie Clifford and Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines - For my reasons why, check out my It's Not You, It's Me post
- Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius - I just couldn't. This contemporary retelling of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII did not shine for me. I couldn't get past the casting of Katherine of Aragon as a blonde devious cheerleader. That's not how I see her at all. She's more like a Catholic schoolgirl, if you ask me, but more on this later.
1. Favorite Book: Tiny Little Thing by Beatriz Williams - Although I didn't love this one as much as A Hundred Summers and The Secret Life of Violet Grant, I still thoroughly enjoyed this Kennedy-esque tale. Review to come in September.
2. Biggest Surprise: The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki - I really enjoyed learning more about the Hapsburg Court and Empress Sisi. Fascinating stuff!
3. Biggest Disappointment: There were three books I DNF this month. They definitely are my biggest disappointments. I just don't have time for books that don't immediately draw me in. I want to be "wowed" and that doesn't seem to be happening much lately.
4. Favorite Post: If You Love Stories About Royals...
5. Favorite Part of August: My favorite part of August would have to be pushing myself to get back into running. It feels good to hit some goals, especially when you didn't think you could do it. I love proving myself wrong!
So, what is your favorite book that you read this month? What was your favorite part of August? Are you looking forward to September? Let me know!