This week's Top Ten Tuesday focuses on characters who are fellow book nerds. Here are my favorites:
1. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - Anne is my all-time favorite bookworm and will probably always be. If you have read the novels, you know her love for books is hard-core.
2. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I also really love Elizabeth Bennet. She can always be found with her nose in a good book. She's a smart protagonist with opinions and I like that!
3. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - I dressed up as Hermione one year for Halloween...that's how much I love her! She's the quintessential bookworm.
4. Jo March from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Jo is an aspiring writer, so her love of books knows no bounds.
5. Paige Hancock from The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - Paige is one of my "new" favorite characters. I found her easy to relate to. She likes books (makes a ton of literary references!), TV, and is a loyal friend.
6. Francie Nolan from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith - Some of my favorite quotes about reading come from this book. Betty Smith knows what's up.
7. Belle from Beauty and The Beast by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont - Ok, so this is probably cheating since in my mind I am referring to Belle from the Disney movie, but how could I not include her? She dances and sings in bookstores! Truly a girl after my own heart.
8. Matilda Wormwood from Matilda by Roald Dahl - I remember when I read this many, many years ago, I LOVED Matilda. Her to-be-read pile is just as big as mine!
9. Lara Jean Song from To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Jenny Han created a memorable character for me. She's a bit of a homebody and would rather hangout with her sisters than go gallivanting throughout the town. She likes books and writing, so she gets a spot on my list.
10. Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Scout is one of my favorite literary characters ever. In fact, I named my dog after Scout! I love that she asks the tough questions.
So what literary characters are your favorite bookworms? Let me know what you think in the comments below! This meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.