Happy Friday! Sometimes I like to talk about what I am currently into that is not necessarily book related. Here's what I have been up to/thinking about/enjoying lately. Let me know what you think!
1. Creativ Magazine - The editors at this magazine sent me a few copies to peruse (I love a good magazine!) and I'd have to say I'm impressed. This magazine is definitely high quality and the photography is beautiful. It's a magazine dedicated to the arts and they are converging social media with print media; it's definitely an interesting concept! My favorite part of the magazine is the travel photography! Check out the website here.
2. My Independent Bookstore Day Display - Independent Bookstore Day was earlier this month and one of my local independent bookstores, Chester County Book Company, asked me to be a featured blogger. I made some "must read" recommendations and they set up an incredible display. I was so honored to be a part of this awesome day.
3. Poldark - You guys know I love a good PBS show and this one is coming to Masterpiece next month. I've heard some great things about it. Anyone know anything about the books that the show is based on? Plus, Aidan Turner isn't too bad to look at either!
4. Sarah Dessen Event - Earlier this week I went to a Sarah Dessen book signing at my local indie. I was SO nervous to meet her! She is one of my favorite authors and I have been reading her books since the 90s. It was definitely a surreal moment for me. She is so, so nice and it was really interesting to hear her talk about her process, her failures, her successes, etc. I also got to see Jamie from Perpetual Page-turner. It has been almost five years since I saw her last!?!
5. Giveaway: SIGNED copy of Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen - I have an extra signed copy of Saint Anything for one lucky reader. If you missed my review of Saint Anything, check it out here. The giveaway is open to US only and the deadline is May 24th. Please refer to my