Books Read in January:
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - 5 out of 5 stars
2. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen - 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson - 4 out of 5 stars
4. Searching for Grace Kelly by Michael Callahan - 4 out of 5 stars
5. Twisted Fate by Norah Olson - 3 out of 5 stars
6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - 3.5 out of 5 stars
7. The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
8. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - 4.5 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
9. A Touch of Stardust by Kate Alcott - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
|Welcome to the Frozen Tundra, also known as my house. (Picture from January 2014)|
1. Favorite Book: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is my absolute favorite. So far, it's my favorite book that I read this year and what a book to start 2015 off with?! I can't wait to continue with this series. I'm hoping to pick up book two soon.
2. Biggest Surprise: I'd say The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand was a fantastic surprise. Hand transitioned to contemporary fiction really well and captured grief in such a way that stayed with me long after I finished the book. I also really enjoyed A Touch of Stardust by Kate Alcott. I loved experiencing the set of Gone With the Wind and the allure of Old Hollywood.
3. Biggest Disappointment: Twisted Fate by Norah Olson was just a "meh" book for me. I was disappointed because it had such potential as a psychological thriller, but fell short.
4. Favorite Part of January: SNOW! I loved playing in the snow with my little guy. He makes winter much more bearable and reminds me of how much fun it is to have a snow day.
5. Favorite Post: My Top Ten Most Anticipated YA Debuts for 2015- I love supporting new authors and finding new favorites.
Thanks for visiting! Let me know what books you enjoyed this month and if you have recommendations for me.