This week's Top Ten Tuesday focuses on new-to-me authors that I read in 2014.
1. E. Lockhart - I had never read Lockhart before I read We Were Liars and while this book wasn't my favorite of the summer, I was still impressed with her writing style.
2. Erin McCahan - I absolutely adored Love and Other Foreign Words and will definitely check out McCahan's writing in the future.
3. Nancy Thayer - Being the beach bum I am, you would think I would have read Thayer's beach reads before this year, but Nantucket Sisters and Island Girls were the first of the books I read by her. They aren't mind-blowing or anything, but they are a fun diversion while relaxing at the beach.
4. Sara Shepard - I actually met Sara Shepard before I read any of her books. The Heiresses was fantastic if you enjoy fun mysteries and I plan on reading the next book in the series.
5. Cora Carmack - All Lined Up was the first novel I read by Carmack. Football + romance = a sure fire win for me. Plus, it's reminiscent of one of my favorite shows, Friday Night Lights.
6. Kasie West - A lot of my friends really enjoy West's novels, so I was glad I checked out On the Fence this year.
7. Syrie James - I love all things Jane Austen, so I was happy I read Jane Austen's First Love this year. I plan on reading more of James's novels in 2015, especially The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen.
8. Cat Winters - I wish I had read Winters sooner. I really enjoyed The Cure for Dreaming, a perfect Halloween read.
9. Jane Green - Tempting Fate is a fun beach read. How have I never read Green until now?
10. Diana Gabaldon - There are no words to express how much I love Gabaldon. I read three of the Outlander books this year and absolutely LOVED them. She is by far my favorite author of the year. I couldn't have picked a better year to read Outlander, because the TV show came out on STARZ and it's pretty much brilliant.
What do you think of my list? What authors are new to you this year? This