I hope everyone had a great month! Can you believe it's November? I am still in a state of disbelief, but so excited for the upcoming holidays!
Books Read in October:
1. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - 4.5 out of 5 stars
2. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot- 3.5 out of 5 stars
3. Compulsion by Martina Boone - 4.5 out of 5 stars
4. The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters - 4 out of 5 stars
5. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - 3 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
6. The King's Curse (Cousins' War # 6) by Philippa Gregory - 4 out of 5 stars (Review to come)
Ruth's Journey by Donald McCaig- This book didn't work for me; the writing style wasn't my favorite, which is a shame because I love the character of Mammy from Gone with the Wind. More on this later.
1. Favorite Book: Compulsion by Martina Boone was my favorite book this month. I love the Southern Gothic vibe and the setting was to-die-for. It was very atmospheric and one of my favorite books of the year!
2. Biggest Surprise: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - Here's why it's my "surprise" of the month….basically, I went into it thinking it wouldn't be nearly as good as Anna and the French Kiss. I thought Perkins' second book, Lola and the Boy Next Door, was cute, but nothing to get overly excited about. Welp, I really liked Isla, not more than Anna, but enough to make it one of my favorites of the year and for that reason, I am pleasantly surprised.
3. Biggest Disappointment: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - I thought this books was compulsively readable and I was able to finish it, but parts of it were super painful. And that's a shame, because I really enjoyed Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush. Keep your eye out for my review coming this month.
4. Favorite Part of October: My vacation to England with my husband was most definitely my favorite part of October. I was able to see the places that I've only dreamed out: The Tower, Jane Austen's House Museum, Big Ben, Globe Theater, St. Paul's, Windsor Castle, Highclere Castle, and more. I am so thankful I was able to go and my family could watch my little guy. It was definitely a trip I'll remember forever.
5. Favorite Post: That Time I Drank Champagne at Downton Abbey - still can't believe I visited Highclere Castle! I have a whole new appreciate for Downton Abbey.
Thanks for visiting! Let me know what book was your favorite that you read this month. Any recommendations?