This week's Top Ten Tuesday is focusing on Halloween. Being a book lover, I am always on the look out for great literary Halloween costumes. Here are the character I want to be for Halloween. Let me know what you think!
1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Because she's awesome, obviously. And because I have a strong desire to learn how to use a bow and arrow.
2. Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby by F. S. Fitzgerald- Who doesn't love the Roaring Twenties? Yes, to all things flapper.
3. Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - My dress would be epic.
4. Claire Beauchamp Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - My hair could definitely fit the requirement.
5. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling- Ok. I may have done this one year complete with a Hogwarts tie, cape and magic wand.
6. Belle from the Beauty and the Beast fairytale by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont - She's my favorite Disney princess by far.
7. Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins series by P. L. Travers - Who doesn't love her? Now if only I could convince my husband to be a chimney sweeper and my son to be one of the Banks' children.
8. Nancy Drew from the Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene - My favorite detective and cultural icon.
9. Khaleesi from Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin - I have wanted to be her for Halloween for a few years now and make my son one of the dragons.
10. Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote - I would try to channel Audrey Hepburn and I'd probably have a lot of fun carrying around a cigarette holder.
So, what do you think of my list? Who do you want to be for Halloween? Let me know your thoughts! This