1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins- I'm still upset about the ending. I can't even talk about it.
2. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold- I remember crying my eyes out reading this book.
3. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- There were parts of this book that definitely broke my heart.
4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman- This book is one of the most powerful YA books I've read in a long time. If you are going to read it, you must have a box of tissues by your side.
5. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank- Every year I read this book and every year it is just as moving.
6. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- This definitely has some sad undertones.
7. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare- What can I say? This book is the ultimate heartbreaking read.
8. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- I STILL want to change the ending of this classic.
9. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen- This book is also a powerful read that was, at times, a tough pill to swallow.
10. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse- Even though this book is written in verse, it's still poignant and left me feeling so sad at times.
Let me know what you think and Happy Valentine's Day,