Since I am running this very fun "Summer Kickoff" feature, I thought I would share with you my favorite beaches that I've traveled to. Granted there are a lot more beaches/islands that I'd like to visit, such as Turks and Caicos as well as Bora Bora, but here are my top ten favorites as of today. (By the way, all pictures were taken by yours truly!)
|Blue Lagoon Island, Bahamas|
9. Blue Lagoon Island, Bahamas- Can we say paradise? The beach here only includes the basics, but what more could you need? It's about three miles from Nassau and makes for an incredible day trip. Back in the day it used to be called Treasure Island and when I was visiting, I could definitely imagine pirates hanging out here.
|Captiva Island, Florida|
8. Sanibel Island and Captiva Island, Florida- This beautiful destination is on the Gulf Coast and the sun sets are to die for. The beaches are filled with so many sea shells and because of this it attracts shellers from around the world. All I know is I've never seen so many sea shells in my life; it was incredible!
7. South Beach, Miami- I love South Beach with its bustling crowds and trendsetters. I went here a few years ago with my girlfriends and it was a lot of fun. There's nothing like sipping a delicious mojito on the beach and watching the people go by. Plus, the Art Deco architecture is pretty impressive as well.
|South Beach, Miami|
6. The Florida Keys- This is one of my favorite destinations, because it's like being at a Caribbean island without ever leaving the US. I love the pace down there and the lifestyle. Although the beaches aren't the best due to coral, there are some incredible state parks where you can lounge and relax like the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo or the Fort Zachary Taylor State Park in Key West.
5. Kaanapali Beach, Maui- This is one of my favorite places in the world. I loved staying right on Kaanapali Beach, because not only are the views to die for, you also have so many really cool restaurants, shops and bars that are all walking distance. Plus, the snorkeling is outstanding by Black Rock, which also makes for an incredible backdrop.
|Me at Kaanapali Beach, Maui|
4. Negril, Jamaica- This is the famous "Seven Mile Beach" and there's nothing like it. I've never seen sand so perfect and water so blue. When visiting this beach, you could spend the day at famous bars like Margaritaville, watch the cliff divers at Rick's Cafe, or just relax in the Jamaican sunshine. Don't worry, be happy!
2. Avalon and Stone Harbor, New Jersey- I'm sure you are wondering why New Jersey even made my list, but South Jersey is very different than Seaside Heights, which was made famous by MTV. Avalon and Stone Harbor are part of the "Seven Mile Island" and Avalon claims to be "cooler by a mile" since it juts out into the ocean one mile farther than the other islands. Stone Harbor has many fun shops, including my favorite coffee shop, Coffee Talk. Fun fact: Taylor Swift used to vacation here and hangout at Coffee Talk when she lived in Pennsylvania.
|Sunset at Makena Beach, Maui|
1. Makena Beach, Maui- This is the BEST beach I've ever been to. It is off the beaten trail a bit and so picturesque. I love it! This beach has the most perfect sand and the most dramatic landscape. It's heaven. Period.
- Tybee Island, Georgia
- La Romana, Domican Republic
- Wailea, Maui
- Kona, Hawaii
- Palm Beach, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Waikiki Beach, Oahu
So what do you guys think? Have you been to any of these beaches? What beaches are your absolute favorite that I didn't mention? Let me know!