I have had my share of fantastic adult beverages and I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorites that go perfectly at a BBQ or watching the sunset on the bay. Here are some of my favorites:
|My husband and I with our Mango Margaritas|
Margaritaville - Negril, Jamaica
2. Miami Vice- Yes, these have a ton of calories, but they are so good, especially when consumed at the beach. It's one of my favorite indulgences.
3. Mojito- After having the most perfect mojito at Mango's in Miami (and it was pineapple flavored!), I was sold on this delicious and refreshing drink. Apparently there are a lot of low calorie versions out there, too.
4. Woo Woo- I made a ton of these at a family BBQ one year and it was a big hit. It's a simple recipe and a definite crowd pleasure. Even my grandmother liked it!
|My friend, Krystle, and I enjoying a Dirty Banana in Jamaica|
(I'm on the left)
5. Dirty Banana- I had my first Dirty Banana when I went with my friends to Jamaica. It's delicious, but you can only have one as it's pretty heavy. Who doesn't love the combination of bananas, chocolate, and ice cream though? Liquid dessert!
6. Arnold Palmer with Firefly- I served this up at a recent party and it went quickly. People were raving about Firefly vodka. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you must check it out, because this is a summertime BBQ staple and there is a "Skinny" version now.
7. Punch- I have a ton of summertime punch recipes. I love retro punches and I serve them at any party. I always like to make sure I have fresh fruit floating in it and it ALWAYS goes first at my parties. Some of my favorite summertime punches are listed in this book.
8. Peach Bellini- I love Mimosas, but there is something about Bellinis. They definitely have that something special. This is one cocktail that is perfect for the summer and for celebrating.
|Krystle and I enjoying a Pina Colada at the swim-up bar|
10. White Sangria- I love a good Sangria, especially when it includes a ton of cut up fresh fruit. It is a delicious treat and there are many low calorie recipes out there, including a Weight Watchers recipe that my mom and I tried out. It was excellent!
11. Pina Colada- "If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain....." How could I not include this summertime staple? Even though it's high in calories, it's a wonderful treat while on vacation.
So what are some of your favorite summertime cocktails? Can you recommend any to me? Have you tried any of my favorites? Let me know!