I am so excited to have Tracy Deebs, author of Tempest Rising, here at the blog today. I am in the middle of a "Summer Kickoff" feature and Tempest Rising looks like the ultimate beach read. I can't wait to check it out.
Tracy Deebs is going to share with us her top ten favorite movies of all time and be sure to comment below in order to enter the giveaway. But enough from me! Let's see what Tracy has to say:
Tracy Deebs' Favorite Movies:
Thanks so much for having me today. I love Top Ten Lists! I’m a huge movie fan, and a big believer that favorite movies tell you a lot about a person, so I thought I’d list my top ten favorite movies (though I am a little scared about what they say about me--I suspect, that I’ve never grown up ;)
10. Across the Universe—I’m a huge Beatles fan and the cinematography, colors and everything else, honestly, in this movie just thrilled me.
9. Tangled—Rapunzel has always been my second favorite fairy tale (guess what’s first) and this new version is awesome! So, so funny and who can resist a lizard named Pascal or a swordfighting horse named Maximus?
8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest—I love the Beats, and Ken Kesey particularly (another reason I loved Across the Universe—Bono’s interpretation of him was awesome). Plus, Jack Nicholson was brilliant in this adaptation of Kesey’s novel.
7. Finding Neverland—Such a sad, brilliant movie, and so hard to resist its Peter Pan like qualities …
6. Grease—I know, I know. But I fell in love with this movie when I was four and I’ve never gotten over the obsession. I think I still know the words to all the songs …
5. A Knight’s Tale—I fell in love with this movie when it first came to theaters. It’s another movie that I love everything about, particularly the modern music set over medieval scenes.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You—The Taming of the Shrew is my second favorite Shakespearian play, so I don’t think it’s strange that this movie is one of my all-time favorites. Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles have incredible chemistry on-screen and her sonnet at the end gets me every time.
3. The Breakfast Club—OMG, I love this movie. Love, love, love everything about this movie. Especially Judd Nelson!
2. The Little Mermaid (Hans Christian Anderson version)-- Big surprise, huh ;) Though I’m a sucker for happy endings most of the time, there’s just something about this version, where she turns to sea foam instead of getting her prince, that has been touching me since I was a toddler. I watched is to much when I was young that my mom swears she still knows every word to the entire movie.
1. Good Will Hunting—I don’t even know what to say about this movie, I love it that much. Will Hunting is one of the most fascinating movie characters ever written and I adore ever second of this movie. Also, I have to re-watch it at least twice a year. The last time I saw it was early February, when I was stuck at home suffering from Chicken Pox (yes, Chicken Pox). It was the only thing that cheered me up the whole week.
So, as I mentioned above, I shudder to think what this list of movies says about me. But how about you? What’s your favorite movie? Leave a comment and be entered to win a copy of Tempest Rising.
Thanks so much for sharing with us your favorite movies, Tracy. Good Will Hunting is one of my favorites as well. I hope to get my hands on a copy of Tempest Rising soon and I think it would be a perfect addition to everyone's beach bags this summer.
*Special thanks to Teen Book Scene for setting up this tour
*Buy Tempest Rising