Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This is my first "Top Ten" posting! I'm excited to participate; after all, I make lists FOR EVERYTHING!
Top Ten Favorite Love Stories in Literature:
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- How could I not include this classic on my list? If you know me, you know how much I love this story; plus, Mr. Darcy is one of my literary boyfriends.
2. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- Dimitri and Rose's story is so extremely compelling. If you haven't read this series, you must go out and buy it immediately.
3. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare- It is definitely one of the most romantic stories of all time.
4. The Mortal Instruments series- Jace and Clary's story has its ups and downs, but it's one of my favorites. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
5. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey- Lucius and Jessica's relationship is deliciously addicting.
6. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- I love Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler's rocky romance in this classic.
7. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen- Dessen, in my opinion, is the queen of YA romance and this one is my favorite.
8. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks- Yes, I know....people think Sparks is cheesy, but this book had me sobbing.
9. Emma by Jane Austen- Who doesn't love Mr. Knightley?
10. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez- This book is simply beautiful!
Do you agree with my list? What are your favorite love stories in literature? Let me know what you think!