What can I say? This month was a series of ups and downs for me personally. I am very happy to say goodbye to the roller coaster that was January. On a positive note, one thing I enjoyed this month-- SNOW DAYS! I loved to sit inside by the fire enjoying my hot chocolate while the snow comes down outside. I know I'll hate to make up the snow days come June, but for now, it's a much appreciated break. I am definitely not a fan of winter and neither is my car! I'm looking forward to February and have some fun things planned. I hope everyone had a better month than I did. If I could sum up my month with a quote, it would be one of my favorites from Gilda Radner:
"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
Books Read in January:
1. Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling #3) by Megan McCafferty
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
3. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
4. The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver
5. Fourth Comings (Jessica Darling #4) by Megan McCafferty
6. To Serve a King by Donna Russo Morin
7. Timeless by Alexandra Monir (Review to come!)
My January Top Five:
1. Favorite Book: Timeless by Alexandra Monir- Keep your eye out for my review of this fantastic debut as well as a giveaway. I'll be posting about it this week!
2. Biggest Surprise: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready- I LOVED this book; it was so much more than the usual paranormal.
3. Biggest Letdown: A tie between Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty and The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver - Simply put, I was disappointed by both.
4. Favorite Post: Taking My Dream Trip
5. Favorite Part of January: My favorite part of January would have to be the many snow days and the party we threw for friends and family on New Year's Eve.